This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. It lets you work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.
It lets you work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. You might be eligible if you are under 50 years of age; meeting the 2-year Australian study requirement; having at least competent English; and graduated in the past 6 months.
This visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream – for international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Valid for 18 months.
- Post-Study Work stream – for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to 4 years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.
- are younger than 50 years of age
- are in Australia
- hold an eligible visa
- meet the two-year Australian study requirement
- meet the English language requirement
- have recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL).